Joint Replacement / Revision Surgery
At the renowned VITO, our experienced surgeons with the help of latest techniques and materials support every patient with perfect implant – according to their age, anatomy and lifestyle. VITO dedicated towards regain every patient mobility and getting them back in actions. Over the time, Genetics, nutrition, activity and lifestyle are the cause for changes in our bones and joints.
You might need a joint replacement surgery for a number of reasons:
- Physical Injury
- Bone disease
- Low blood supply
- Joint Worn out due to age etc.
Joint Replacement is a permanent solution to restore mobility with a patient. With today’s medical advancement and technology so much can possible with replacing our Natural Joints. our Orthopedic surgeons use the latest navigation technology for successful joint replacement of the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and spine, resulting in smaller incisions, reduced blood loss, highly precise outcomes.
The majority of VITO patients are able to perform daily activities more easily after joint replacement surgery. Most people can expect their joint replacement to last for many years, providing them with an improved quality of life that includes less pain, along with improved movement and strength.
VITO Joint Replacement Services,
Total joint replacement
Revision total joint surgery
Minimally invasive joint surgery
Joint preservation (osteotomy, arthroscopy)
Partial joint replacement (Hemiarthroplasty)
Hip Replacement Surgery
Hip replacement surgery is a procedure in which a doctor surgically replaces a painful hip joint with an artificial joint often made from metal or plastic components.
- Total hip replacement
- Hip preservation (osteotomy, arthroscopy)
- Hip resurfacing surgery
- Hip and pelvis osteotomy
- Hip arthroscopy
- Revision total hip surgery
- Minimally invasive hip surgery
- Partial hip replacement (hemiarthroplasty)
Conditions that can damage hip joints,
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post – Traumatic Arthritis
- Avascular Necrosis
- Childhood hip disease
You might consider hip replacement if you’re experiencing hip pain that:
- Persists, despite pain medication
- Worsens with walking, even with a cane or walker
- Interferes with your sleep
- Affects your ability to go up or down stairs
- Makes it difficult to rise from a seated position
4 signs you may need a hip replacement
- Hip or groin pain. Soreness during or after exercise or pain that interferes with your daily activities could be a sign of hip arthritis. …
- Stiffness. …
- Coming up short. …
- The one leg test.
Talk With Our Doctor
Our orthopedic surgeon will review the results of your evaluation with you and discuss whether hip replacement surgery is the best method to relieve your pain and improve your mobility.
Other treatment options — such as
Physical therapy, or
Other types of surgery — also may be considered.
Knee pain is something that affects millions of people every day globally. According to a research, osteoarthritis is the most prevalent form of arthritis in India, affecting over 15 million adults every year.
We should remember,
• Knees are vulnerable to age and excessive wear and tear.
• Inflammation, kneecap pain, torn meniscus, ligament problem and arthritis are the common knee-related problem faced by many.
• Wearing non-bouncy, relatively flat footwear and ensuring you are exercising correctly are practical ways of ensuring the knee joint is safeguarded.
Knee arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that allows doctors to view the knee joint without making a large incision (cut) through the skin and other soft tissues.
At VITO Conditions treated with arthroscopy include:
• Loose bone fragments
• Damaged or torn cartilage
• Inflamed joint linings
• Torn ligaments
• Scarring within joints
Call our Specialist if you develop:
• A fever
• Pain not controlled by medication
• Drainage from your incision
• Redness or swelling
• New numbness or tingling
Shoulder arthroplasty or replacement is done to repair a shoulder joint that has been damaged by arthritis, accidents and tumors. It is done to relieve pain that cannot be controlled with other treatments. During the procedure, the damaged joint surfaces are replaced with prostheses. The shoulder replacement procedure is a complicated one and requires experienced hands as well as specialized facilities for surgery, postoperative care and rehabilitation.
VITO Shoulder Replacement services
- Total shoulder replacement (traditional shoulder arthroplasty)
- Reverse shoulder replacement (reverse total shoulder arthroplasty)
- Partial shoulder replacement (stemmed hemiarthroplasty)
- Shoulder Resurfacing (resurfacing hemiarthroplasty)
VITO experienced surgeons perform anatomical shoulder arthroplasty, including stem-less shoulder replacement, as well as the reverse shoulder arthroplasty. The latter is a more complex procedure where the prosthesis is attached to a different set of muscles. It is done for patients with previous unsuccessful shoulder replacements, failed or neglected fracture management, very bad fractures, dislocations and bone tumors.
- Discectomy, laminectomy, Corpectomy
- Cervical spinal fusion, lumbar spinal fusion
- Disc replacement
- Spinal cord stimulators, Spine tumor removal
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty
- Sports Medicine
- Limb Lengthening service including Ilizarov work
- Management of the Young Adult Hip Pain Management Programmes
- Correction of Congenital Talipes Equino Varus (CTEV) or Club Foot Deformity Positional foot deformities eg: Metatarsus Adductus
- Plastic Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services